Ooooh I am seriously in love with this line. Everything about it feels luxurious, from the packaging to the product. The packaging has a nice weight to it, and all the moving parts move smoothly. They are sleek and functional, with a modern and stylish design. The compacts are particularly cool. But the big sensation that Hourglass caused was with their recently released Ambient Lighting Powders.
From their website:
A wardrobe of six universal finishing powders that recreate the most exquisitely flattering light—from ethereal moonlight to luminous candlelight. Each powder captures, diffuses and softens surrounding light with groundbreaking photoluminescent technology. Choose one or more and step into your perfect light.
• Powders capture, diffuse and soften the way light is reflected on skin, brighten the appearance, and conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles
• Infused with technologically advanced soft-focus particles that help make skin appear younger, even-toned and radiant
• Unlike traditional powders that use opaque pigments, Ambient utilizes “photoluminescent technology” – micron-size spherical particles that refract light and create transparent coverage.
• Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn for day and night
• Free of parabens, talc, fragrance, nano-particles and gluten.
I got Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant, “a sun-kissed golden beige powder that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow”, which works perfectly for me. It is amazingly sheer yet adds a beautiful glow. The only problem I can see with the ambient powders is that I want more of them. Each colour has benefits, like minimizing redness, blurring imperfections, mimicking candle light, daylight and just brightening your complexion. They are so subtle and I love the way Radiant looks so much, that I can’t wait to go try the other colours. I have my eye on Mood Light, which is a sheer lavender pink. Doesn’t that sound lovely?Hourglass Cosmetics are available at Sephora and online at Hourglass.com