I love Korres skincare. I’ve always loved their body lotions and shower gels – the Jasmine is intoxicating – and of course, their cult Korres Lip Butters and Lip Glazes. Predictably I love the Jasmine tone in both of those as well. I’ve been eyeballing the Quercetin & Oak line for awhile. It gets terrific reviews and the mattefying + anti-ageing properties obviously appeal to me. I was then reading through the description of the Pomegranate Scrub (I love a good scrub, I do) and saw, “Formulated with Greek olive stones to effectively refine the look of pores and remove excess sebum, leaving skin radiant”. Seeing as how excess sebum and my pesky pores are an issue, these products could only help.
Well, the scrub is great. I use it once or twice a week, on already clean skin (usually in the shower). But I’ve found an added use and benefit with this scrub. Drumroll…the bikini zone! Listen folks – anywhere skin surface that you remove hair from needs to be exfoliated. Keeps in-growns at bay and makes hair removal easier. The Korres Pomegranate Deep Cleansing Scrub is a lovely, gentle physical exfoliant that keeps my skin calm, smooth and radiant.
– Pomegranate extract: rich in tannins and polyphenols, reduces pore size appearance, provides antioxidant benefits for younger-looking skin
– Olive tree and Calendula extracts: provide antioxidant benefits
– Ground Olive Stones
A 40ml tube is around $29 CAN, and I use a dime-sized amount
I’ve been using the Korres Quercetin and Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle Mattifying Fluid Texture Lotion as my daytime moisturizer and love it. It feels rich and soaks in beautifully, leaving my skin dewy and moisturized without getting super shiny. I find it does a great job of keeping my powder and concealer in place too.
– Quercetin & Oak: two of natures most powerful antiageing agents and a clinically proven natural alternative to Retinol
– Myrtle extract agent: antiageing booster, helps to improve skin elasticity
– Alpine Herb (Epilobium Fleischeri) extract: reduces pore size and regulates oily appearance of the skin
The bottles of Korres Quescetin and Oak Antiwrinkle Mattefying lotion are quite generous at 50ml, and costs around $59 CAN.
Korres products are available at Sephora and at Shopper’s Drug Mart. Check for stores on their website.